R C TAX SERVICES INC - I got audited by the IRS and had to pay

Elmont, New York 4 comments

My wife and I go to Randy to get our Income Taxes done every year.In 2010 we got audited by the IRS.

My wife is a Special Ed teacher for an outside agency.

Randy Calarco told us that mileage was deductible, home office was deductible and that daycare was deductible. He could not prove anything. We owe $2400 for 2010 and $3150 for 2011 plus a big phat penalty of $1421. He told us we would owe nothing.

My wife thinks he should pay the penalty.

I think he should and reimburse us for the audit fee of $325.00 I am so disgusted.Gene and Becky Thompson

Comments

rcaparco
Selden, New York, United States #591595

My firm (R&C TAX SERVICE INC) IS, IN MY OPINION, AND I AM CERTAIN THE OPINION OF MY 870 CUSTOMERS, THAT RARELY, IF EVER, HAS A CLIENT AUDIT.Clients receive full support at tax time and after.

I totally stand behind my work. I am an EA and I have full knowledge of all tax matters including businesses. I handle over 60 companies and they are 100% satisfied. R&C has existed for close to 30 years and has never had any type of complaint from any client.

This can be verified by simply checking all available sources icluding this sites complaint section where they show the number of complaints received by tax preparers.

I am really upset by the above complaint making such allegations that are truly misleading.

Selden, New York, United States #591573

My name is Randy Caparco and I am the president and only tax preparer for R&C TAX SERVICE LOCATED IN SELDEN NY.THIS IS THE ONLY CORPORATION ON LONG ISLAND WITH THAT NAME.

The above complaint filed by the Thompsons implies that they went to a firm with that name and that a person by the name of Randy Calarco (probably misspelled) prepared their returns for two years and end up costing them 6800.00 after an audit. To set the record straight I NEVER PREPARED A TAX RETURN FOR THE ABOVE COMPLAINANTS. i WILL FIND OUT WHO THEY ARE AND POSSIBLY COMMENCE AN ACTION FOR DEFAMATION AND LOSS OF BUSINESS. As far as this site goes I am surprised that they post the name of my business at another location (Elmont).

I checked and there is no tax preparation company with that name at any location in Long Island. Also This site states that "Personal attacks would be deleted." Why then did it allow the name Randy Calarco to appear? Was that not a personal attack had it been true?

My phone number is 631-732-2772 and I expect someone from both this site and the Thompsons to contact me real soon and explain all of this.I am one pissed off person on your "Pissed off consumer site."

krenerbookkeeping

I like this but not really, if you know what I mean.It's horrible that he does that to clients.

I'm sure you guys aren't the only ones.He should file an errors and omissions claim...That burns me up.

to krenerbookkeeping Selden, New York, United States #591599

Did you read the responses to the above complaint?

View more comments